“Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.” Hebrews 10:35-36 (KJV)
It is so easy to hear a word and know it is true, but based on where you are, it seems powerless. As a believer, sometimes it can be hard to believe that God is on your side when you have more bills than money yet you’re paying tithes. It can be hard to believe that you will win when it seems like you are losing every battle. When you look at the world around you it can be hard for a believer to believe. To believe that God will bring you out. To believe that God will heal your family members. To believe that God will cause your business to prosper.
Belief means to accept it as true. Faith means complete confidence in someone or something. Having complete confidence means that you are all in. You believe no matter what.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5 (NKJV)
In times where you simply don’t understand you must learn to have faith. I want to share with you a “Faith” acronym to help you win.
● F- Forget not. When you are enduring tough times forget not how many times that God has brought you through. Forget not how many times he has kept you. It can be easy to forget God when you have so much in front of you. Isaiah 26:3 (NKJV) tells us that “He will keep us in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Him, because we trust in Him.” Take your eyes off the matter and put your eyes on God.
● A-Admiration: Let your worship be for real. Every day you should be intentional about giving God your worship. This is not just a slow song solo but a life that is dedicated to pleasing the Lord. Let your connection with God be pure and intentional.
● I-Identify your unbelief. Many are unclear about where they don’t believe. They know they are sinking but they are not seeking. In your moments of prayer, take time to ask God to show you where you are weak and to help you. If you never seek, you will constantly sink.
● T-Talk faith. Many times, our lives are not in alignment with God’s word because we are not speaking God’s word. We have to understand that God has the winning hand and we must get on the same page as Him. When David went to go fight the giant, he was fully confident that God was with him. His language demonstrated that he knew that God was with him, and he could not fail. Declare God’s word over your situations and watch your faith increase.
● H-Have what you say. You have the power to change your atmosphere. Provoke your miracle. Provoke your deliverance. Provoke your promise by letting God know you believe Him. Faith is an action word. You must begin to do something different to receive something different.
Remember that you have everything you need within you to be successful in this life. Refuse to give up. God is positioning you for your moment. Have Faith!
Shanita Rowsey is the CEO of Opulent Era Coaching & Consulting located in Milwaukee Wisconsin. As a certified life coach, Shanita works with women to help them gain clarity and confidence to create a life of wholeness. In addition to coaching, Shanita is also a speaker, podcaster, best-selling author and founder of Girl Cultivate. Girl Cultivate is a movement designed to offer support and practical strategies to help women live a life of wholeness.
An encourager and motivator by nature, she serves her community through a variety of ministries and community outreach programs and is particularly invested in helping young girls know their worth, know who they are in God, and grow into confident, successful women. Shanita is currently pursuing her Bachelor’s degree in Communications and Journalism, graduating in December. Shanita enjoys traveling, writing and reading.
Connect with Shanita: https://shanitarowsey.com